Sunday, March 19, 2017

TTM Success - Gary DiSarcina

Whenever I got back to my parents' house, Mom usually has boxes of cards that she has found while cleaning that date back to when I collected as a kid.  Recently, she handed me a pack of 1992 Donruss The Rookies and inside was this Gary DiSarcina (among other cards, of course).  I checked each of the cards to see if any of the players signed TTM, and here we are.  I always liked Donruss, and thought it was cool when they did the different color sets like Rookies or Update.
I got this 1993 Topps back as well.  DiSarcina kept the 1996 Flair that I sent.  I don't blame him, those are really nice cards.

DiSarcina (b. 1967) played in the majors from 1989 to 2000 for the Angels.  He had 966 hits, 28 home runs and a .258 batting average.  He was an All Star in 1995 where he also received his only MVP votes (19th).  He appeared on the 2006 Hall of Fame ballot, but did not receive any votes.

I mailed to DiSarcina on February 9 at Red Sox Spring Training and got the cards back on February 24, for a 15-day TAT.

No comments: