Friday, March 3, 2017

TTM Success - Bennie Daniels

Here is another player who I was able to get an autograph TTM because of cards I picked up at the Columbia Antique Shop.  The 1958 Bennie Daniels actually came from a stack of cards that I got from my good friend, Jet, in a deal from a few months ago.  I really like this card, especially with how yellow it is.  I'm all for cards with bold colors on them.  I think they really pop when they are scanned to my laptop.
Here is the card I got from the antique shop, another 1961 Topps.  A bunch of them came in all at once, pushing my total of signed 61s above some other years.  The card turned out really nice, as well.  I'm sure it is difficult for some players to sign the headshot cards.  I wouldn't want to write across my face, either.  Daniels did a really good job of squeezing his signature in the card, though.

Daniels (b. 1932) played in the majors from 1957 to 1965 for the Pirates and Senators.  He had a career record of 45-76 with an ERA of 4.44 with 471 strike outs.

I mailed to Daniels on January 17 and got the card back on February 4, for an 18-day TAT.

No comments: