Saturday, March 4, 2017

TTM Success - Ed Charles

Here is another TTM success that came as a result of my visit to the Columbia antique shop and a trip through my vintage box.  I had bought a few 1969 Topps for my set while I was in Columbia, and ended up with a couple duplicates.  I saw that Ed Charles signed TTM, so I took the extra card and this 1965 that I found in my vintage box and sent them out.
I still haven't gotten a lot of 1969 Topps signed, but that will probably change once I finish the set.  It is really close.  I just have to get on it and complete it.

Charles (b. 1933) played in the majors from 1962 to 1969 for the A's (Kansas City) and Mets.  He had 917 hits, 86 home runs and a .263 batting average.  Charles won the World Series with the Mets in 1969.

I mailed to Charles on January 17 and got the cards back on February 6, for a 20-day TAT.

No comments: