Wednesday, March 8, 2017

TTM Success - Floyd Bannister

I added some 1980s cards to the album with this success from former pitcher, Floyd Bannister.  The above #1 Draft Picks card from 1985 Topps is pretty cool, with the old Astros jersey.  I had set this card aside a while back for TTM and slowly built up a batch of cards to mail.  This card was definitely the highlight of the return, and one I looked forward to seeing again.
I also picked up his 1981, 85, 87 and 88 Topps to send out.  They were all in my Topps boxes, which I need to thin out at some point.  I have so many boxes of cards now.  I probably ought to offload one or two sometime.
Finally, here is a nice 1982 Fleer that got sent out with the rest of the cards.  I liked the old Mariners hat and jersey, which is what put this card in the envelope ahead of some other Bannister cards that didn't make the cut.

Bannister (b. 1955) played in the majors from 1977 to 1989, 1991 and 1992 for the Astros, Mariners, White Sox, Royals, Angels and Rangers.  He had a career record of 134-143 with 1,723 strike outs and a 4.06 ERA.  He was an All Star in 1982 while with the Mariners.

I mailed to Bannister on February 6 and got the cards back on February 16, for a 10-day TAT.

No comments: