Saturday, March 18, 2017

TTM Success - Matt Stairs

I waited a long time to send to Matt Stairs.  His cards were in my TTM box for a long time until I finally was able to send to Phillies Spring Training.  I'm glad I finally was able to, though, because the cards I sent turned out great.  This 1993 Donruss was a really cool card to send, I think.  I don't have very many 1993 Donruss as it is, so adding this one to the album will be nice.
I got some nice Topps cards back, and a 2008 Upper Deck First Edition.  The 2006 Topps looks really cool.  The 2008 is also nice, and one of only four that I have signed.
Finally, here is a nice 1998 Score.  I had to send this along, since it is a horizontal card.  You can never go wrong with a TTM signature on a horizontal card.

Stairs (b. 1968) played in the majors from 1992, 1993 and 1995 to 2011 for the Expos, Red Sox, A's, Cubs, Brewers, Pirates, Royals, Rangers, Tigers, Blue Jays, Phillies, Padres and Nationals.  It may have been quicker to just type the teams he DIDN'T play for.  He had 1,366 hits, 265 home runs and a .262 batting average.

Stairs finished 17th in the 1999 AL MVP voting, his only time receiving votes.  He won the World Series in 2008 with the Phillies and now is on their coaching staff.  He appeared on the 2017 Hall of Fame ballot, but did not receive any votes.

I mailed to Stairs on February 9 and got the cards back on February 24, for a 15-day TAT.

No comments: