Thursday, March 16, 2017

TTM Success - Alex Grammas

Here are some nice vintage cards that I was able to get signed by Alex Grammas recently.  This is a 1955 Topps that he signed very shakily beneath the faux autograph.  I believe I picked these cards up from the Raleigh card show in February, but I honestly don't remember.
I think I started with the below 1955 Bowman, checked to see that Grammas signed TTM, then picked up the 1955 and the above 1956 so I could add a few more tick marks to the Topps Autograph Project.
I've been wanting to add more 1955 Bowman (and other Bowman cards for that matter) to the autograph album, so this will be a nice addition, even though Mr. Grammas's signature has seen better days.

Grammas (b. 1926) played in the majors from 1954 to 1963 for the Cardinals, Reds and Cubs.  He had 512 hits, 12 home runs and a .247 batting average.  He was involved in three different transactions between the Reds and Cardinals in a span of almost 5 years.

Grammas went on to manage in the majors in 1969 for the Pirates, and 1976 and 77 with the Brewers.  His managerial record was 137-191 (.418 win %).

I mailed to Grammas on February 13 and got the cards back on February 21, for an 8-day TAT.

No comments: