Thursday, March 9, 2017

TTM Success - Storm Davis

One thing I look for over most other things when sending a TTM request is a past relationship with the Orioles.  Obviously another big key is whether or not I have a really interesting card or something, but generally, I have been trying to pick up former Orioles when I can.

Storm Davis is one such Oriole.  I have been collating a bunch of his cards lately, and finally got around to mailing to him.  I had to sift through what I pulled of him and came away with five Topps cards.  I absolutely had to include a 1987 Topps, and as of tonight, I have 41 cards signed from that set.  No, not 41 Davis cards, but 40 different signed cards.  Not bad.
Here are the other Topps cards that I got, clockwise from top left, 1983, 1984, 1985 and 1992.  I picked the 1992 ahead of some other years because I needed to add another there since it was kind of lagging behind the other years I had available.

Davis (b. 1961) played in the majors from 1982 to 1994 for the Orioles, Padres, A's, Royals, and Tigers.  He had a career record of 113-96 with 1,048 strike outs and an ERA of 4.02.  He won the World Series with the Orioles in 1983 and was on the A's team that won the World Series in 1989, but did not appear in that World Series.

I mailed to Davis on January 31 and got the cards back on February 16, for a 16-day TAT.

No comments: