Wednesday, May 31, 2017

TTM Success - Marc Valdes

I held onto these Marc Valdes cards for a long time before I finally got around to sending off to him via the St. Lucie Mets.  I had a bunch of guys who coached in the minors set aside, and finally got around to clearing out a bunch of them recently.  Funny thing is, a lot of them came back at the same time.

This Classic Best is the card that I really wanted to see signed, but the scan didn't turn out all too well.  This is very similar to Chrome, except that the card is a lot thinner.  I powdered it, and the signature turned out really well.
I thought it was funny that I was able to get three different Topps years of prospects cards with Valdes on them.  This is a 1996, a very rare set in my binder.
I also had his 1994 and 1995 Topps cards.  I didn't even realize until just now that the 1994 is a Topps Gold parallel.  I need to take it off of my ledger for 1994 Topps, since I don't count gold parallels (or any parallels) toward the number I have of each set.  I guess I need to remember that for when I get home.

Valdes (b. 1971) played in the majors from 1995 to 1998, 2000 and 2001 for the Marlins, Expos, Astros and Braves.  He had a career record of 12-15 with 135 strike outs and a 4.95 ERA.  He was a first round pick by the Marlins in 1993 (27th overall).

I mailed to Valdes via the St. Lucie Mets on May 8 and got the cards back on May 22, for a 14-day TAT.

No comments: