Sunday, May 14, 2017

TTM Success - Frank Lary

One of the last guys I sent to following the February card show finally came through TTM for me with his success from Frank Lary.  I had bought a number of vintage cards at that show to send out, with the focus on 1955 Bowman.  The Bowman came back looking really nice, as can be seen above.
The pink 1958 Topps aren't the best version from that set, but they still turn out nice.  I also love the old Tigers logo.
Here are two cards that I added from my vintage box.  I'm surprised that I can still put my vintage cards in a box, since I have robbed from it so much for TTMs.  The 1964 Topps is especially nice.  The 1963 is a bit beat up, but most of my 63s are for some reason.

Lary (b. 1930) played in the majors from 1954 to 1965 for the Tigers, Mets, Braves and and White Sox.  He had a career record of 128-116 with 1,099 strike outs and an ERA of 3.49.  He won 20 or more games twice in his career, with 1963 being his best season.  He won 23 games that year, finished 3rd in the AL Cy Young Award voting and 7th in the AL MVP voting.  He was also named to his second All Star team that year (his other prior nod was the year before).

I mailed to Lary on February 13 and got the cards back on May 11, for an 87-day TAT.

No comments: