Friday, April 7, 2017

TTM Success - Wayne Gross

I took another of the O Pee Chee cards that Angus sent me for Christmas and turned it into a TTM success with this return from former Oriole, Wayne Gross.  It was pretty cool to add this 1985 O Pee Chee to the album.  I still think it was really nice of Angus to hook me up with all of those different years of O Pee Chee.  I don't know where else I'd be able to pick those up.
This 1977 Topps rookie card is an interesting one.  I know Brian Asselstine signs.  I'm not too sure about the other two guys.  It would be fun to try to get all 4 players.
Finally, here are two other Topps cards, a 1980 and 1983 that I sent off.  They're pretty similar cards, albeit different uniforms.

Gross (b. 1952) played in the majors from 1976 to 1986 for the A's and Orioles.  He had 727 hits, 121 home runs and a .233 batting average.  He was an All Star in 1977.  The Orioles traded Tim Stoddard for him prior to the 1984 season.

I mailed to Gross on February 27 and got the cards back on March 16, for a 17-day TAT.

No comments: