Sunday, April 9, 2017

Another TTM Success From Bobby Brown

Again, I try to refrain as much as possible from sending multiple requests to former players for TTM, but there are occasions where I feel it is necessary to do so.  In the case of Bobby Brown, I wanted to make sure I had a 1949 Bowman represented in my album, and when I saw Brown's '49 Bowman, I jumped at the chance.

Take a look at that card.  It is really nice.  It is his rookie card, and I spent about $17 on it, but I am glad I did.  It will definitely look great in my album.
I also sent along this 1952 Bowman, which turned out really nice as well.  By my unofficial count, I have something from every vintage year of Bowman except 1948.  I haven't considered the refreshed Bowman from the 90s-present, although, I do have a bunch of cards from various years.  I may consider addind other years at some point, but for what I am doing here, I was trying to get one signed card from each year of Bowman from 1948 to 1955.

There aren't any players left in 1948 who sign TTM.  Red Schoendienst isn't really a sure thing with signing, so I will likely have to buy a signed '48 from somewhere.  If I only have to buy one year, then that isn't too bad.

Brown (b. 1924) played in the majors from 1946 to 1952 and 1956 for the Yankees.  He had 452 hits, 22 home runs and a .279 batting average.  He won the World Series with the Yankees in 1947, 1949, 1950 and 1951.  I sent a ball to him in 2011 and got it back.  You can read that post here.

I mailed to Brown on March 11 and got the cards back on March 20, for a 9-day TAT.  The 1949 Bowman is the oldest baseball card that I have been able to get signed on my own.

No comments: