Monday, April 17, 2017

TTM Success - Steve Swisher

I like it when I can get a ton of cards signed from a player, except for when it comes time to blog them.  Still, I got a nice success from Steve Swisher on a bunch of late 70s and early 80s Topps cards.  I used this success to push the count up on several sets that needed it, most of all, 1978 Topps.  For whatever reason, I wasn't able to find any of that year in bulk until the February card show.  I've taken those bulk cards and mailed out quite a few, and some are starting to come back in.
I had been sitting on the above 1975 Topps for a long time.  This might not have come in the package of 1975 Topps that Max gave me, since he was a Cub, but he may have given it to me.  I'll have to ask him.  I know the 1976 came from my box I got from the Columbia antique shop.
Here are the other Topps cards that he signed for me, including a 1981 Topps, and 1981 Topps traded.  I like the 1981 set, and that set is climbing up the ranks and making a run at 1987 for total number of cards that I have gotten signed.

Swisher (b. 1951), the father of former All Star Nick Swisher, played in the majors from 1974 to 1982 for the Cubs, Cardinals and Padres.  He had 305 hits, 20 home runs and a .216 batting average.  He was an All Star in 1976.

I mailed to Swisher on February 21 and got the cards back on March 27, for a 34-day TAT.

No comments: