Friday, April 7, 2017

TTM Success - Jeremy Guthrie

Adding a former Oriole to my autograph album is always a special day.  I was really surprised to get this return from Jeremy Guthrie at 8:00 AM on a Saturday morning; my mail usually comes at 5:00-5:30PM.  What had happened was, my mail didn't come at all that Friday night.  I checked my mailbox up until 8:00PM, then figured my mail lady had disappeared.  I had a couple TTMs in the mailbox to send out, and the flag never dropped.

As Chris and I were pulling out of the driveway to go to his game that day, another mail person was dropping off our mail.  So, I got my stuff a day late, but it came.  Whew.

I was glad to get the above Target exclusive 2009 Topps Throwback signed.  This goes into the "I like to get different cards signed" aspect of the collection.
I also added a 2008 Topps to the collection.  At one point, this set was the one that I had the least of, and last set I needed to complete the Topps run in my Topps Autograph project.  Now, as of today (4/7), I have 5 signed cards from 2008 Topps.  I only have one 2017 Topps so far, and have 2 signed cards from (not counting 1951 Red and Blue Back, since they are so limited anyway) 2001, 2009, 2013 and 2015.

Guthrie (b. 1979) has played in the majors from 2004 to 2015 for the Indians, Orioles, Rockies and Royals.  He is currently signed with the Washington Nationals, which is where I mailed to.  He has a career record of 91-108 with an ERA of 4.37 and 1,046 strike outs.  He didn't play for the Royals during the 2015 World Series.

I mailed to Guthrie at Nationals Spring Training on February 8 and got the cards back on March 18, for a 38-day TAT.

No comments: