Saturday, April 8, 2017

TTM Success - Matt Alexander

I had some Matt Alexander cards set aside for a while, then finally got around to mailing them out.  The cards started with this 1981 Topps that I pulled when I went through the set to see who signed.  I added some others (1977 and 1982 Topps) and figured that was plenty to send.  Now, as it turns out, I could have just sent this 1981 when I found it, because Alexander is "one per" and I didn't realize that.  Oh well, of the cards that I had, this one was the one I really wanted back anyway.

Alexander (b. 1947) played in the majors from 1973 to 1981 for the Cubs, A's and Pirates.  He had 36 hits, no home runs and a .214 batting average.  He won the World Series in 1979 with the Pirates, but was caught stealing in the only game in which he played.

I mailed to Alexander on March 2 and got the card back on March 20, for an 18-day TAT.  He kept the other two cards that I sent.

No comments: