Sunday, April 16, 2017

TTM Success - Jeff Cirillo

Well, I've only had one time now where baby powder on a card didn't hold an autograph.  This success from Jeff Cirillo shows that nothing is a sure thing.  Oh well.  This card is still cool, and still will have a place in my autograph binder.
This Fleer EX turned out much better than the Flair Showcase shown at the top of the post.  So, I'm 1/2 with baby powder on this success.  Not bad.
I also can't go wrong with a Fleer Metal.  These cards always turn out great.  I have seen some Fleer Metal cards that would look amazing when signed, but the guys on the card don't sign.  Still, the ones that do, I plan on adding them because they look so nice.

Cirillo (b. 1969) played in the majors from 1994 to 2007 for the Brewers, Rockies, Mariners, Padres, Twins and Diamondbacks.  He had 1,598 hits, 112 home runs and a .296 batting average.  He was an All Star in 1997 and 2000 with the Brewers and Rockies, respectively.

I mailed to Cirillo on February 8, and got the cards back on March 27, for a 47-day TAT.  He signed 3 of the 4 cards I sent.

No comments: