Wednesday, April 5, 2017

TTM Success - Bob Reynolds

I use my TTM writing as an opportunity to go through my various boxes at pretty regular intervals.  Every time through, though, I find stuff that either I forgot that I had, or didn't realize that I had.  A trip through my Orioles boxes revealed a stack of 1975 Topps Orioles that I guess I had forgotten about.  I checked a few of them on sportscollectors.net to see if they signed, and found a few.

I only had one card in all of my Topps boxes of Bob Reynolds, so I went ahead and sent it off instead of waiting to see if another would pop up.  Still, the card turned out great, and I would have been satisfied with just that one coming back, but I got a nice surprise from Reynolds, himself.
He also included these two signed post cards.  They both look great, and will look nice in my post card album.  Yes, I have a separate post card album.  Still, they'll be cool in there.

Reynolds (b. 1947) played in the majors in 1969 and from 1971 to 1975 for the Expos, Cardinals, Brewers, Orioles, Tigers and Indians.  He had a career record of 14-16 with an ERA of 3.15 and 167 strike outs.

I mailed to Reynolds on March 4, and got the cards back on March 11, for a 7-day TAT.

No comments: