Monday, January 11, 2021

TTM Success - Randy Choate

Here are a couple nice Topps Update cards that I was able to get signed TTM by Randy Choate.  The above 2012 Topps Update card looks nice, with the Marlins logo and color scheme.  I believe 2012 was the first year with this Marlins concept, and the colors look nice, I think.  The Marlins switched over from "Florida" to "Miami" for the 2012 season, and revamped their colors and logo.  I think their colors always pop on cards, but these are extra flashy/
This 2013 Topps Update of Choate is more of a back-to-basics color scheme.  I've always said, red looks really good on a card, and this one has a lot of it.  The card is sharp, and looks nice signed.

Choate (b. 1975) played in the majors from 2000 to 2007 and 2009 to 2015 for the Yankees, Diamondbacks, Rays, Marlins, Dodgers and Cardinals.  He had a career record of 16-14 with 348 strike outs and a 3.90 ERA.  He won the World Series with the Yankees in 2000.

I mailed to Choate on August 12 and got the cards back on October 31, for an 80-day TAT.

No comments: