Saturday, January 9, 2021

TTM Success - Garrett Gould

Over the last few months, I have been working on moving a bunch of prospect and former prospect cards out of my boxes.  One of the things I enjoy the most about blogging my TTM successes is how I can find out about some of these guys who were prospects a few years ago, but maybe didn't pan out.  I also have been able to get some nice-looking cards signed in the process, like the above 2010 Topps Pro Debut that I got signed by Garrett Gould.

The Ogden Raptors were a Minor League team that I had wanted to go see play for a long time now.  Since Rob Manfred jacked up the whole minors system, the Raptors will no longer be part of the MiLB system.  I believe they will be a collegiate-level team, but I haven't heard.  Regardless, the stadium in Ogden, Utah is beautiful.  I still want to go.  Anyway, this 2010 Topps Pro Debut of Gould is a really nice card.  I like the Raptors logo, and the colors on the card.  I'm glad it was one of the ones of Gould I was able to find and get signed TTM.
I also got a 2011 Bowman Chrome and a 2011 Topps Heritage Minors signed by Gould.  I took possession of a 5,000-count box of Pro Debut, Bowman and Heritage Minors from 2010-2013, and have been able to pull some nice cards to get signed.

Gould (b. 1991) was a 2nd round pick by the Dodgers in the 2009 June Amateur Draft out of Maize High School in Maize Kansas.  He played in the Dodgers system from 2009 to 2014, reaching AA Chattanooga.  His record was 23-39 with 428 strike outs and a 5.14 ERA.

I mailed to Gould on September 1 and got the cards back on October 27, for a 56-day TAT.

No comments: