Monday, January 4, 2021

TTM Success - Stan Bahnsen

I added some nice cards to my album when I got a TTM success from former pitcher, Stan Bahnsen.  The above 1969 Topps turned out really well, especially since he added the 68 AL ROY inscription without me even asking for it.
Bahnsen also signed a 1980 and 1981 Topps for me.  Both turned out great, I think.

Bahnsen (b. 1944) played in the majors in 1966 and from 1968 to 1982 for the Yankees, White Sox, A's, Expos, Angels and Phillies.  He had a career record of 146-149 with 1,359 strike outs and a 3.60 ERA.  He was the AL Rookie of the Year in 1968.  He appeared on the 1988 Hall of Fame ballot, but received no votes.

I mailed to Bahnsen on October 5 and got the cards back on October 24, for a 19-day TAT.  I paid a fee of $10.00; he signs one card for free, and the rest are $5/card.

1 comment:

Brett Alan said...

Yeah, Bahnsen likes to add that inscription to all Yankees cards he signed. He even put it on the card I had him sign at a card show, which was an Expos card, but the show was in New Jersey and pretty much everyone was giving him Yankees cards to sign.