Sunday, January 17, 2021

TTM Success - Bob Johnson

It seems like my successes for 1972 and 1973 Topps are paired most of the time.  That's because I got the partial sets at the same time, and there were about the same amount of cards in each partial set.  I also went through the boxes looking for TTM subjects at the same time, and pulled the same names.  Fun times.  Still, I'm happy to get any card signed, and when I can send more than one vintage card in, that's always a plus.
These were the only two cards of Bob Johnson that I had, so they got sent TTM to him.  He signed them and got them back to me fairly quickly, which is always nice.

Johnson (b. 1943) played in the majors from 1969 to 1974 and 1977 for the Mets, Royals, Pirates, Indians and Braves.  He had a record of 28-34 with 507 strike outs and a 3.48 ERA.  He won the World Series with the Pirates in 1971.

I mailed to Johnson on October 8 and got the cards back on November 3, for a 26-day TAT.

No comments: