Sunday, May 8, 2016

TTM Success - Ted Lepcio

Another player I got back from the lot of cards that I picked up from the Columbia antique shop was a success from Ted Lepcio.  I mailed to him on APril 18 and got the cards back on April 25 for a 7-day TAT.

I really enjoy seeing these 1953 Topps cards come back.  It was pretty painful paying for all of the ones I got, but in the end, the price I [aid was well worth it, since they have been sent out for TTM and most have come back so far.
The other Lepcio card I sent was this 1959 Topps.  It also turned out great.  I should have saved the extra 1959s I had from when I built my set, but I didn't know at the time that I was going to be doing this TTM project.

Lepcio (b. 1929) played in the majors from 1952 to 1961 for the Red Sox, Tigers, Phillies, White Sox and Twins.  He had 512 hits, 69 home runs and a .245 batting average.  Mr. Lepcio also answered the questions that I asked:

Are you still involved in baseball? Not specifically but we support several issues that the Red Sox are involved.

Do you still root for any specific teams or players?  Red Sox - Tigers.  There are a few Seton Hall players in organized ball, I keep up with them.

If you could choose to face one pitcher, who would that be?  I [hit] only .250, but I did have good luck against the Indians staff.

No comments: