Saturday, May 7, 2016

TTM Success - John Hetki

I'm really liking these 1950s TTM successes.  The cards seem to always turn out really nice, and they provide a bit of a history lesson as I typically haven't really heard of most of the players.  It is a lot of fun to look them up and learn a little bit about their careers.
John Hetki (b. 1922) played in the majors from 1945 to 1948, 1950 and 1952 to 1954 for the Reds, Browns and Pirates.  He had a career record of 18-26 with an ERA of 4.39 and 175 strike outs.  He also answered one of the questions that I asked:

Who was the toughest batter you ever face?
They were all tough.  You can't underestimate any hitter.

I always enjoy when they take the time to reply to some of the questions asked in the letters.  I mailed to Hetki on April 18 and got the cards back on April 25, for a 7-day TAT.

No comments: