Monday, May 16, 2016

TTM SUccess - Frank Tanana

I received a nice TTM success from former pitcher, Frank Tanana.  He was someone who I had a multitude of cards of, so choosing what to send to him was quite the task.  I wanted to puff up some of the numbers of years that I didn't have a lot of, like this 1976 Topps.  It was a nice card and the signature turned out great.
I had some other years that still weren't very well represented in my Topps Autograph Project, so I sent off these as well.  All of them look great, but the 1989 Topps might be the best of the bunch.  The 1992 also looks good.  I'm surprised that I have only 2 signed cards out of that set.  I really need to send off some more.
Tanana inscribed each card with a different bible verse, which was a nice touch.  He also included this signed religious tract.  Tanana has a really great signature, and I was glad to be able to add him to the project.

Tanana (b. 1953) played in the majors from 1973 to 1993 for the Angels, Red Sox, Rangers, Tigers, Mets and Yankees.  He had a career record of 240-236 with an ERA of 3.66 and 2,773 strike outs.  He finished as high as third in the AL Cy Young voting (1976) and was an All Star three times (1976, 1977 and 1978).  He appeared on the 1999 Hall of Fame ballot, but did not receive a vote.

I mailed to Tanana on April 23 and got the cards back on May 2 for a 9-day TAT.

No comments: