Monday, May 9, 2016

TTM Success - Shaq

I received a TTM success on April 25 that I was really excited about.  I don't follow basketball at all, but when Max told me that Shaquille O'Neal was signing TTM via his business, Mine-O-Mine, Inc., I figured I would give him a shot.

Max got him TTM, and got a nice hand written note in return.  I thought that was really cool, so I picked up a few cards from Score More Sports in Winston-Salem on one of my trips to see my parents.  I sent the cards out on March 2 and got the cards back on the 25th of April for a 54-day TAT.
I really liked how the cards turned out.  I even got a silver sharpie on the Orlando Magic card, which is what I really remember Shaq from.

I have only one problem with this TTM success.  Once I posted the success on my instagram, I got a message from another TTM collector who said that these cards aren't passing PSA authenticaiton.  That really sucks.  I feel like they are legit.  Of course, there could be a secretary who answers his mail and signs stuff; I've heard of ghost signers before, Mike Schmidt apparently had one for a while.

I'm going to keep believing these are real.  I'm also going to believe the nice letter and signed cards that Max got are real.  I think getting Shaq is a big deal, he is one of those sports figured who transcended his sport and entered the mainstream.  Let's hope they are real.

No comments: