Sunday, May 22, 2016

Gift From Billy R. - Rick Dempsey Signed Baseball

I got a DM on Instagram a few weeks ago from a guy who was looking for some 1988 Fleer cards so that he could do some TTMs.  It just so happened that I had a broken set of them, so I was able to find every card that he needed.  I didn't think much of it, since the box was just taking up space, but the guy (Billy R.) insisted that he send me something in return for the cards I sent him.

A few weeks later, a box came from Billy and inside it was this signed baseball.  I have been needing a Rick Dempsey baseball for some time now, and didn't have to do a whole lot to get it, apparently.  Billy also included a card that he wanted me to send out TTM (Paul Noce), so I need to get on that, once I find a couple more of his cards.

Dempsey (b. 1949) played in the majors from 1969 to 1992 for the Twins, Yankees, Orioles, Indians, Dodgers and Brewers.  He had 1,093 hits, 96 home runs and a ,233 batting average.  He won the World Series with the Orioles in 1983 and the Dodgers in 1988.  He was the 1983 World Series MVP.  He is also one of the rare 4-decade players, having played in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.  Dempsey appeared on the Hall of Fame ballot in 1998 and received 0.2% of the vote.

No comments: