Wednesday, May 11, 2016

TTM Success - Jim Rivera

I added another nice TTM success recently when I got a few signed cards back from former outfielder, Jim Rivera.  I mailed to him on April 18 and got the cards back on April 28 for a 10-day TAT.

The cards I sent were more from my trip to Columbia, the top 1953 Topps was probably the worst conditioned card that I picked up.  Most hardcore collectors probably would have left it there since it was in that condition, but I thought it was perfect to send TTM.  It did turn out nicely.
The background photo on this 1956 Topps is really cool, and even got a few comments on my Instagram post.  This is a pretty underrated set that I could probably put together rather quickly, as I have several stars already.
Finally, this 1957 Topps caps off the Rivera success.  This is another really nice set that loks great when signed.  I have added quite a few to my TTM/Auto project, and choosing which single card will represent the set will be tough.

Rivera (b. 1921) played in the majors from 1952 to 1961 for the Browns, White Sox and A's (KC).  He had 911 hits, 83 home runs and an average of .256.  He led the league in triples in 1953 (18) and stolen bases in 1955 (25). He had 11 at bats in the 1959 World Series with the White Sox, but did not collect a hit.

No comments: