Thursday, May 19, 2016

TTM Success - Pokey Reese

I was able to get several cards signed TTM from a player who retired more recently than most of the guys that I have sent to in Calvin "Pokey" Reese.  Reese has a really nice signature, as seen on the above 2003 Topps.  Actually, this 2003 Topps might be one of the best looking cards I have gotten back TTM.  It looks so awesome!
Reese ended up signing 6 cards for me, some of which will help me with my Topps Autograph project, and two others that I just thought would look nice signed.  The above 1992 Classic Minors card was one that I have had forever, probably since 1992, and I just had to include it in the TTM request.  It turned out really nice, and now I will have one of these in my album.
I had Topps cards from three other years that Reese signed for me, but I was able to add from 1999, 2000 and 2002.  I also had this 1998 Collectors Choice, and it turned out really great as well.

Reese (b. 1973) played in the majors from 1997 to 2004 for the Reds, Pirates and Red Sox.  Reese was also a member of the Colorado Rockies for a day when he was traded from the Reds to the Rockies  then from the Rockies to the Red Sox.  Two days after that, he was granted free agency, then signed with the Pirates.  He had 704 hits, 44 home runs and an average of .248.  He was a Gold Glove Award winner in 1999 and 2000 while with the Reds.  He won a World Series in 2004 with the Red Sox.

I mailed to Reese on March 28 and got the cards back on May 2, for  a 35-day TAT.

No comments: