Wednesday, February 1, 2017

TTM Success - Russ Snyder

A tour through my Orioles box yielded me another TTM subject when I found this 1963 Post card.  I found it and looked to see if Russ Snyder was still living, and if he siged TTM.  Luckily both of those criteria were met and I went to send this card along.
A funny thing happened, though, while I was doing TTMs the day I sealed the Post card in the envelope.  I pulled out my vintage box to look for someone else, and I saw this 1960 Topps in there.  I cut the envelope open and added this card along with my request letter and other stuff.  I even changed "card" to "cards" in the letter.  I'm glad I did, because I was able to add another 1960 Topps to my ledger, as well.

Snyder (b. 1934_ played in the majors from 1959 to 1970 for the A's (Kansas City), Orioles, White Sox, Indians and Brewers.  He had 984 hits, 42 home runs and a .271 batting average.  He won the World Series with the Orioles in 1966.

I mailed to Snyder on January 4 and got the cards back on January 13, for a 9-day TAT.

No comments: