Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Christmas Gift From Michael

Slowly, I am catching up on posts for Christmas, at least.  I know I have said that the last few posts, but I do feel like I am on the home stretch for the Christmas stuff that I received.  One of the biggest packages I got was from my friend, Michael.  He filled up a box with autographed stuff, and a few other items.

He gave me signed baseballs of Orioles 2016 #1 draft pick, Cody Sedlock, former pitcher Jason Berken, former O's coach, Jim Presley and also a balled Michael signed himself.  He also included an 8 x 10 of former closer Chris Ray, and an Orioles giveaway hat.
Michael also gave me this really nice bat that he signed and inscribed using a gold paint pen (I think it is a paint pen; it looks bolder than a sharpie).  The bat is really nice (and really heavy).  Had Michael not signed and inscribed it, I would be tempted to take a few swings with it in the batting cages.  Its a really sweet bat!
Finally, Michael sent along four signed baseball cards.  The Geovany Soto 2009 Topps is only the second 2009 Topps I have in the collection.  I have a ton of 1981 Topps, but you can never go wrong with adding a Hall of Famer.  Michael also has a relationship with Orioles prospect, Adrian Marin, so he was able to get the two bottom cards signed for me.

Thank you so much for the awesome gift(s), Michael!  You always go above and beyond, and it is definitely appreciated!

No comments: