Wednesday, February 15, 2017

TTM Success - Ray Soff

I put some cards to use that had been hanging in a box for a long time.  The above 1990 CMC AAA card of Ray Soff was in a box of cards that my mom found in the attic.  I was happy to see one of these come back signed.
Normally, I send off Topps cards, but it is nice to get a few cards from some other sets signed.  These two 1987 cards (Fleer and Donruss) turned out really nice.  I like both of these sets, and I seem to have a decent amount of bulk cards, so I may be able to get some more signed.
Finally, here is yet another 1987 Topps that I was able to get signed.  The card isn't really this bad off-center, but it scanned crooked.  Instead of scanning it again, I just straightened it and went with it.  Yes, I'm lazy!  I have over 30 different 1987 Topps signed.  I don't plan on pushing for the entire set, but I will select an 87 before I go with another year, if I have a choice.

Soff (b. 1958) played in the majors in 1986 and 1987 for the Cardinals.  He had a record of 5-2 with 31 strike outs and a 4.19 ERA.

I mailed to Soff on January 12 and got the cards back on January 21, for a 9-day TAT.

No comments: