Saturday, December 10, 2016

TTM Success - Ross Grimsley

Before I left on my trip, I scanned a bunch of the TTM successes that I had received, so I could have them available to post about while I was gone.  I planned it out to have enough for each day, and I missed it by two.  Now, I'm even further behind on posting with the 13 new successes that were waiting on me when I got home.  Oops.

Oh well!  Here is a success from former pitcher, Ross Grimsley.  I sent him four cards on November 7 and got two of them back signed on November 25, for an 18-day TAT.
Of all of the cards I sent Grimsley, I really wanted to get this one back.  I don't think this card reaches the heights of Oscar Gamble, but it still is quite an example of the hairstyles that were rampant in the late 70s and early 80s.  I was also happy that he sent back the 75 Topps (at the top of the post), since that came out of a stack from one of my first deals with my good friend, Max.

Grimsley (b. 1950) played in the majors from 1971 to 1980 and 1982 for the Reds, Orioles, Expos and Indians.  He had a career record of 124-99 with an ERA of 3.81 and 750 strike outs.  He was a 20-game winner for the Expos in 1978.  That season, he made his only All Star team, and his only appearance on the Cy Young Award ballot (7th).  H appeared on the 1988 Hall of Fame ballot, but did not receive any votes.

No comments: