Monday, December 12, 2016

Mail From Max - The Cubs Win The World Series

I'm a little late with this one, but I have been so busy lately, I haven't had a chance to post about something really cool that my good friend, Max, did for me.  Immediately after the last out was recorded in this year's World Series, I snapchatted a congratulatory message to my little buddy.  After that, I had a thought, so I messaged him to see if he would be willing to grab a copy of a Chicago-area paper that showed the Cubs' victory.  Max messaged back "of course", then I left him alone to celebrate.

He messaged me the next day and told me that he got me three newspapers instead of just one.  That guy, he is one of the most thoughtful people I have ever met.  Maybe second only to my mother.  Max is an awesome guy and I am really happy to be able to add these newspapers to my collection.  I have put them in a safe place, along with the 1979 Pittsburgh newspaper that my father-in-law gave me showing the Pirates victory.

Thank you so much for the papers, Max.  I appreciate you going out of your way to help me out, and also spending the shipping on getting them to me safely.

No comments: