Tuesday, December 13, 2016

TTM Success - Glenn Beckert

My LCS has a couple boxes of cards form the 60s and 70s that I have been using to find some guys from that era that sign TTM.  I saw that there were some of these 1970 Topps Baseball Scratch Off cards in one of the boxes, so I wanted to try to get a couple signed.  The first one to come back was this one from Glenn Beckert.  I really like how this one turned out.  It is too bad that the LCS only has a couple of these, or I would try to get a few more signed.
I was also able to add these two; the left a 1971 Topps and the right a 74.  Both of these also came out of the shop's boxes.  I don't have any extra cards from 1971 or 1974 any more.  I kind of regret my selling off of all of the extra vintage cards that I had, but I guess it helped out at the time.

Beckert (b. 1940) played in the majors from 1965 to 1975 for the Cubs and Padres.  He had 1,473 hits, 22 home runs and an average of .283.  He was a 4-time All Star and finished as high as 9th in the NL MVP voting (1968).  He even batted .342 in 1971 but did not win the batting title (he finished third behind Joe Torre and Ralph Garr).

I mailed to Beckert on November 12 and got the cards back on November 28, for a 16-day TAT.  I also included a check for $10.00.

No comments: