Friday, December 16, 2016

TTM Success - Gary Bell

Here are some more vintage cards that I was able to pull in via TTM recently with this success from Gary Bell.  I picked up a few of his cards from COMC and sportlots so I could add a few more tick marks to my notebook.  I love the 1959 set, so adding another to the TTM/IP auto album is always a plus.  Bell's signature is really small, but it is nice and also legible, so I don't feel like it takes away from the card.
Here is another 1964 Topps and also a 1969.  Surprisingly, even with me working to complete the 1969 set, I only had a couple signed cards from the set.  I need to try to find a few extras here and there of guys who sign.

Bell (b. 1936) played in the majors from 1958 to 1969 for the Indians, Red Sox, Pilots and White Sox.  He had a career record of 121-117 with 1,378 strike outs and an ERA of 3.68.  He finished third in the 1958 AL Rookie of the Year voting (behind Albie Pearson and Ryne Duren).  He was also a three-time All Star (1960, 1966 and 1968).

I mailed to Bell on November 21 and got the cards back on November 30 for a 9-day TAT.

No comments: