Friday, December 23, 2016

TTM Success - Hector Lopez

I think my venture into getting cards signed TTM has helped me appreciate cards that I normally would have glossed over in the past.  I never really cared all that much for TCMA or SSPC cards, but now that I have been getting some signed, they really have become some that I really enjoy seeing.  This one of Hector Lopez turned out great when I got my TTM success back from him.  It just looks really sharp.
Of course, both of these Topps cards look nice, as well.  I didn't have very many of 1958 Topps in my autograph project, nor did I have many of 1963, so this success helped out in several areas.

Lopez (b. 1929) played in the majors from 1955 to 1966 for the A's and Yankees.  He had 1,251 hits, 136 home runs and a batting average of .269.  He won the World Series with the Yankees in 1961 and 1962, and appeared in five straight World Series with them (1960 to 1964).

I mailed to Lopez on November 21 and got the cards back on December 2, for an 11-day TAT.

No comments: