Wednesday, August 4, 2021

2021 National Free Signer - Wally Joyner

Wally Joyner's 1987 Topps card was already taken care of via a private signing, but that didn't keep me from going through his line a couple times in order to get a few other cards signed when he was at the VIP party for the National on Wednesday.  I had his 1986 Topps Traded, which will look great in my album.
I also had this really cool 1988 Donruss Baseballs Best in one of the boxes from the old card shop that I got signed.  It appears that Jack Howell is on the card with him, so if I want to complete that one, I need to see what Howell is up to these days.
I have a ton of these mini Topps Leaders cards sitting on the corner of my desk, so I was really glad to get this one (and a couple others) signed this past week.
Finally, I got Joyner's 1993 Topps and 1994 Upper Deck Home Field Advantage card signed.  I had busted a box of 94 Upper Deck a while back, and stashed them in a box.  It was nice being able to find those cards and get a few signed at the show.

Joyner and Fielder were the two baseball guys I was able to get at the VIP party for free.  Fielder was only one per, so I had to have a couple of my friends get a few extra cards done for me.  Joyner, on the other hand, signed 3 at a time for me, so I went through his line twice, and Andrew got some signed as well.  I held one card of Joyner's back from my album in order to help my friend Jackson out with a set, but the rest are going into my autograph album.

No comments: