Sunday, August 8, 2021

2021 National Signer - Ric Flair

When I saw that Ric Flair was added to the National signer roster at the last minute, I decided to go ahead and finish this card that I got signed by Arn Anderson earlier this year.  It wasn't that I HAD to finish the card, it was more of taking the time to meet Flair again after all these years, mainly because his health hasn't been the best lately.

He signed my card in gold paint pen, over the top of where Anderson signed.  Oops.  Still, the card is signed by the both of them, and I'm glad I got him to sign it.  It looks a lot better in person, with the gold reflecting light when held at certain angles.
Flair was really nice and had one of the longer lines that I saw at the show.  While in line for Flair, I was able to get a good shot of Hulk Hogan, who was at the table beside Flair.  I think Hogan had the longest line of anyone at this show.
I asked Flair how he was feeling and how his health was.  He said he was in good health, and feeling great.  He shook my hand after I asked him that, because I told him we had been worried about him last year.

Unfortunately, a couple days following the show, Flair was released from his contract with WWE.  I heard it was a mutual parting of ways, so it looks likely he will be joining AEW sometime soon.  That's just my guess.

Still, I was really happy to meet Flair for a third time.  I just wish they would have let me pose for a selfie.  I guess I should have paid extra for the professional photo op.

No comments: