Saturday, August 7, 2021

2021 National Free Signer - Ron Kittle

Ron Kittle was another of the free signers at the National.  I had recently gotten him TTM, so I was short on some cards.  I had wanted him on this 1991 Crown Orioles card, so I had it put aside, and it was easy to locate.
I also found this 1990 Fleer of Kittle in a random box.  I haven't gotten many of these signed, though.  I have a partial set of 1990 Fleer around the house somewhere, but I have no idea where I put the box.

The 1990 Fleer looks great signed.  Kittle was nice, but he wasn't signing his 1984 Topps card for anyone.  I overheard him saying that he hated that card, and the photo was ugly.  Several players refuse to sign certain cards for various reasons.  It's kind of funny hearing some of the reasons, but for set builders, it hurts sometimes.  I think he did sign one for someone who put some additional money down for Kittle's charity, so the 84 Topps can be had, for a price.

No comments: