Sunday, August 1, 2021

TTM Success - Andres Galarraga

This 1998 Topps Lords of the Diamond card had a place in my TTM box for a long time.  I pulled it from a pack back when I was building the 98 set and kept telling myself that I really wanted to get it signed.  I missed an Andres Galarraga signing soon after, then had to wait patiently for another to pop up.  Meanwhile, I kept the card in my box, that way I knew exactly where it was when the signing did happen.

Finally, a signing popped up and I was able to move the card.  I'm glad I sent it out, because it turned out great.

Galarraga (b. 1961) played in the majors from 1985 to 1998 and 2000 to 2004 for the Expos, Cardinals, Rockies, Braves, Rangers, Giants and Angels.  He had 2,333 hits, 399 home runs and a .288 batting average.  He was a five-time All Star and two-time Gold.Glove Award winner.  His best MVP finish was 6th (1996 and 1998).  He appeared on the 2010 Hall of Fame ballot, but received only 4.1% of the vote.

I mailed to the signing on January 19 and got the card back on March 12, for a 52-day TAT.  I paid a fee of $40.00.

1 comment:

Adam Kaningher said...

My favorite early Rockie!