Monday, December 27, 2021

TTM Success - Elliott Maddox

My TTM stack is down to one more success after this one, unless I get some more successes in the mail today.  I think it is safe to say that I have caught up, finally, with my TTM posts.  Maybe now I can get some 50/50s and gifts posted that have been sitting around for a while.  Meanwhile, this TTM success from Elliott Maddox got several cards out of my "charges a fee" row of my TTM box.  I wanted to move some of those cards out before the end of the year, especially guys who have been sitting in there for a while.  I did find that Maddox was in the 1991 Crown Orioles set, so I got that card signed.
I also chose three of his other cards, a 1972, 1973 and 1980 Topps.  All of them turned out well, and I feel like I made some good choices in these cards.

Maddox (b. 1947) played in the majors from 1970 to 1980 for the Tigers, Senators, Rangers, Yankees, Orioles and Mets.  He had 743 hits, 18 home runs and a .261 batting average.  He finished 8th in the AL MVP race in 1974.

I mailed to Maddox on December 14 and got the cards back on December 24, for a 10-day TAT.  I paid a fee of $5.00/card.

No comments: