Saturday, February 20, 2021

TTM Success - Nyjer Morgan

I had to google Nyjer Morgan T inscription.  I had no clue what it meant, but apparently, it is because he used to make a T when he reached base and referred to himself as Tony Plush, which he refers to as his name on the field.  Interesting.  I also like the smiley face inscription.  I got three nice cards back from Morgan via TTM recently, and they all look really cool.  The above 2012 Topps turned out really well, and fits Morgan, I think.
He also signed a 2008 Topps Heritage and a different 2012 Topps.

Morgan (b. 1980) played in the majors from 2007 to 2012 and 2014 for the Pirates, Nationals, Brewers and Indians.  He had 550 hits, 12 home runs and a .282 batting average.  Prior to playing baseball, he was a hockey player, and reached the Major Junior level with the Regina Pats in 1999-2000.

I mailed to Morgan on November 12 and got the cards back on December 7, for a 25-day TAT.

No comments: