Tuesday, February 9, 2021

TTM Success - Brandon Downes

I had these Brandon Downes cards in my box of shame, since I missed him back when he was with the Wilmington Blue Rocks.  I found an address and sent to him.  The cards came back pretty quickly, which was nice.
I like getting cards out of the box of shame, since they had already been found and sorted.  I hate putting those back in the bog boxes; the goal this whole time is to condense boxes down (and make room for more), and whenever I have to put cards back in, it gets annoying.

Downes (b. 1992) was a 7th round pick by the Royals in the 2014 June Amateur Draft out of the University of Virginia.  He played in the Royals and Braves systems from 2014 to 2018 and in the Independent Leagues in 2019.  He reached AAA, but never cracked the majors.  He had 372 hits, 48 home runs and a .243 batting average.

I mailed to Downes on October 27 and got the cards back on December 1, for a 35-day TAT.

No comments: