Tuesday, March 29, 2016

TTM Success - Ron Schueler

I got a TTM success back from former pitcher, Ron Schueler on Wednesday, March 23.  I only had one card of him, this 1974 Topps that came from the old Topps "Cards Your Mom Threw Out" promotion.  I had kept the cards that I had shipped from there in a box, still in the top loaders that Topps had provided.  Finally, I put a couple of them to use!  I really loved that promotion, and I wish Topps would run something like that again instead of some of the dumb ones they did after that (the virtual coins?  Blehh).

Schueler (b. 1946) played in the majors from 1972 to 1979 for the Braves, Phillies, Twins and White Sox.  He had a career record of 40-48 with an ERA of 4.08 and 563 strike outs.

I received this signed card from Schueler 11 days after I mailed it on March 12.  This was the first 1974 Topps that I have gotten signed for my Topps Autograph Project.

No comments: