Thursday, March 3, 2016

TTM Success - Ed Vande Berg

The TTMs are starting to roll in.  I got 2 of three that I sent to former pitcher, Ed Vande Berg on March 1.  The cards were mailed out on February 22, so it took 8 days to get these back.  I originally sent two 1987 Topps and the below 1985 Donruss, but he kept one of the Topps.  No big deal, I'm glad to get one of them back.  I think they look really nice when they are signed.
Vande Berg (b. 1958) played in the majors from 1982 to 1988 for the Mariners, Dodgers, Indians and Rangers.  He had a career record of 25-28 with a 3.92 ERA and 314 strikeouts.  He finished 4th in the 1982 AL Rookie of the Year voting.  Significance?  Well, Cal Ripken won the award that year, and was followed in the voting by Kent Hrbek at 2nd and Wade Boggs at 3rd.  That's definitely something I wouldn't have known if I hadn't pursued these TTMs.

No comments: