Sunday, December 20, 2020

TTM Success - Paul Hartrzell

This was an interesting TTM success, in that I got a message on my LinkedIn from Paul Hartzell, himself.  Apparently, USPS let my envelope get soaked (or as Hartzell put it "it looked as if your envelope spent the night in a bucket of water"), and most of my cards were ruined.

Hartzell made up for it (which was super nice) by sending his own cards, and also a couple extra post cards (the ones above and below).
I really appreciated him doing that, and he didn't have to.  My only regret was the the 1991 Crown Orioles card I sent didn't get signed.  Of all the cards I sent, that one stayed in pretty good shape.  I may try to send to him again sometime soon.
Hartzell (b. 1953) played in the majors from 1976 to 1980 and 1984 for the Angels, Twins, Orioles and Brewers.  He had a career record of 27-39 with 237 strike outs and a 3.90 ERA.

I mailed to Hartzell on September 24 and got the cards back on October 5, for an 11-day TAT.

1 comment:

Jafronius said...

Wow! Real nice of him to make the extra effort!