Saturday, December 19, 2020

Another Couple of Signings From Max

My friend, Max, has been really active lately in player signings through a card shop near where he lives.  He has helped me get some really cool cards into my autograph album, but he also has helped even more by helping to clear room in my boxes.  He recently asked me to send him what I could find of Carlos Zambrano and Joe Crede for some recent signings.  I hooked him up with everything I could find, and once the signings were done, he cut me a deal on bringing a few back for my album.

The above 2013 Topps Tribute WBC has to be my favorite cards out of the bunch.  I found it after I sent him the initial package, so I had to drop it in a PWE to make sure it got to Max in time.
I added a couple Topps cards to the album, a 2012 (left) and a 2011 (right).  I always enjoy adding different Topps cards to the album.
2007 Goudey mini that I was able to find in my boxes.  The box these are in is usually at the bottom of my stack of boxes, so it can be arduous sometimes to get into it.  I was glad to be able to get several cards out of the box and off to Max.  One of these days, I'm just going to organize everything by year, regardless of card company, and then should be able to get into these a bit more often.
I have a small assortment of 2013 Topps minis left from a box that I took with me and busted at Andrew's house years ago.  I am always happy to get one of the remaining few left signed.  I have also been told by my brother that he doesn't like it when I post about a player, but don't include stats, so I will include Zambrano's, since I'm pretty sure I haven't yet.  I usually don't include the player bio/stats if I'm posting about trades and all, or if I have already done so through a previous post or TTM success.

Zambrano (b. 1981) played in the majors from 2001 to 2012 for the Cubs and Marlins.  He had a career record of 132-91 with 1,637 strike outs and a 3.66 ERA.  He was a 3-time All Star (2004, 2006, 2008) and a 3-time Silver Slugger Award winner (2006, 2008, 2009).  His best Cy Young Award finish was 5th, which he did 3 times, as well (2004, 2006, 2007).
Max also took all the cards I could find of Joe Crede for a separate signing.  I especially liked the above 1999 Upper Deck SP Minors card, simply because it features Crede in a Winston-Salem Warthogs uniform.  The Warthogs were the previous iteration of Winston-Salem's High A team, following the Spirits and prior to the Dash.
I also got a 2000 Bowman, 2007 Topps, 2007 Bowman Chrome and 2007 Bowman signed by Crede from Max.

Crede (b. 1978) played in the majors from 2000 to 2009 for the White Sox and Twins.  He had 787 hits, 140 home runs and a .254 batting average.  He was an All Star in 2008, was a Silver Slugger Award winner in 2006 and won the World Series with the White Sox in 2005.

As always, thanks for the deals, and for helping me move some cards, Max!  I look forward to your next challenge in finding cards for signings.

No comments: