Sunday, March 16, 2014

Some More From The Dana Package

I wanted to show off a bit more of the cards I got from Dana before I top load them and add them to my PCs.  The first card is this 2013 Select Wei-yin Chen auto.  I really like Select, but there was no way I was going to buy a pack of those at their SRP ($50, I think).
Another version of a pack of cards being well out of my reach is Topps Triple Threads.  I learned a long time ago that it is a lot easier buying the card I want off of Ebay or another site than it is for me to buy it by the pack and pull a Mark Prior relic.  Uggh.  So, I was very happy when Dana hooked me up with the Chen up above and the Brooks Robinson purple parallel.  Triple Threads is always a solid offering, but it is routinely out of my budget.
Finally, Dana can join the club of folks who recently have hooked me up with Cal Ripken cards that I didn't already have.  The Triple Threads is really nice, again.  I'm glad she hooked me up with both Brooks and Cal.
Finally, Dana sent me a ton of Orioles 2014 Donruss cards.  I'm a big fan of these, even though they don't have logos.  I know I said it before, but I feel like Panini is making a solid effort in the baseball card genre and their having a license along with Topps would be nothing but a good thing.

So, that will wrap up my posts from the package from Dana.  Thanks so much for the cards.  I really appreciate it and I hope we can trade again (after I replenish my wiped out Braves trade stack).

No comments: