Saturday, March 15, 2014

1966 Topps Orioles From Brady

I've gotten quite a few unsolicited emails lately from fellow bloggers and readers of my blog looking to offload cards and do some trading.  It is definitely something I enjoy because I've learned that all bloggers are very generous and willing to help others in their quests to build their sets, team needs and PCs.  I got an email a couple weeks ago from Brady, author of the blog "Yadier Molina Baseball Cards."  He has recently picked up some cards from his childhood that had been in storage and he has embarked on a massive sorting project.  This project resulted in some extra Orioles cards and he happily sent some to me.  I really appreciated his gesture, as I didn't have very many Orioles 1966 Topps cards.  I do have the Palmer RC, and the Brooks Robinson, so I at least had my PC needs met already.

Brady sent me 5 Orioles total.  Looking at the photography, it appears as if most of the shots were taken at Yankee Stadium, as you might be able to see above.  The Woody Held card he sent (not pictured) looks to be from a different stadium.  It wouldn't surprise me if Topps dispatched their photographers to Yankee Stadium in the old days to save on travel expenses, since they were based out of New York.

So, thank you so much for the O's cards, Brady.  Good luck in your quest to finishing the 1966 set.

No comments: