Sunday, March 2, 2014

COMC Pickup - 2003 UD Sweet Spot Classic Bob Feller

One of the few things I miss since Upper Deck has left the baseball card market was their Sweet Spot Classic series.  Between that and Legendary Cuts, those were the best yearly offerings that UD had going, in my opinion.  I really like the photography used for the cards for each, and the hits (when not a redemption) were pretty great.

So, when I saw this 2003 UD Sweet Spot Classic Bob Feller that I needed for my collection on COMC, I snatched it up.  The coloring is great.  I don't know what it is about a sepia photo or card, but I really enjoy it.  Feller looks like he is ready to mow someone down with that 100+ mph fastball. I wish I could hop in the DeLorean and go back to his hey day and watch him throw.

That's the funny thing, if I had a time machine, I wouldn't be using it to better mankind, I would be in one of those old straw hats, sitting in old baseball stadiums, perfectly content.  If only that were possible...

No comments: