Monday, November 1, 2021

TTM Success - Mark Osborne

Wow, these scans really suck.  These 1999 Bowmans that I got signed TTM by Mark Osborne are actually pretty cool in person.  There was even a reason why I sent them; two of the cards, a chrome and a foil, have a background of Osborne's home state.  That's North Carolina, of course, and the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse is in the background.  It's really cool.  You can kind of see it in the scan below, but it looks so much better in person.
One of the downfalls of the late 90s/early 2000s Chrome is that the UV ages, sometimes the cards fade, and if you prep them, they look all cloudy and awful.  The cards also stick together badly and curve (not as bad as 2010 Chrome, but they do curve).  Still, they look nice and are salvageable.  I was glad to get a few of them out of my boxes and into my album, where the pages will keep the cards straight, and not stuck together, at least.

Osborne (b. 1978) is originally from Rocky Mount, which is about 45 minutes from me.  He was a 3rd round pick by the Diamondbacks out of Lee County High School in nearby Sanford, NC (I guess his family moved) in the 1996 June Amateur Draft.

He played in the Diamondbacks, Indians and Twins systems from 1996 to 2001, reaching AA.  He had 305 hits, 27 home runs and a .245 batting average.

I mailed to Osborne on May 10 and got the cards back on June 21, for a 42-day TAT.

No comments: